Tuesday 18 August 2015

YOU BEAUTY DISCOVERY BOX, AUGUST



August's You Beauty Discovery Box was themed 'Summer Essentials', and the line up, much like last month's, was full of summery products. This beauty box comes in at under a tenner, and the fact you choose your own sample products sets it apart from other subscription boxes out there. Last month, I chose a haircare item and a fitness product - but this month my picks were both make-up. See what I picked below!





This month's line up had a great mix of products, but unfortunately even fewer cruelty free options than last month. The two items I picked, one by Inika, and another by ModelCo, were literally the only two cruelty free options. The other brands featured were either definitely tested on animals (like Stila and Tresemme) or there was no/conflicting research online (like Philosophy, StriVectin, and Peggy Sage). This was a little disappointing, as I would have liked more to choose from, but at least there were two there!



My first pick was the Inika Mineral Bronzer in 02 Sunkissed, which is the second Inika product I've gotten in these beauty boxes so far. Inika is claimed as a 100% organic make-up brand, and has won multiple awards, so I'm excited to try this product. I don't actually own any bronzers, as I don't usually go for the sunkissed look, but this one looks like a good shade - and not too orange - so it's a great item to add to my collection and I'm looking forward to testing it out.

Secondly, I got the ModelCo Creme Rouge Cheek and Lips Shade in Just Peachy. ModelCo is a brand I've never heard of before, but was pleasantly surprised to find out that they were peta certified. This particular product is a vertisile, multi-purpose tint, and can be used on cheeks as well as lips. I would say it was more rosey-red rather than peachy, brighter than I've ever used as a blush before, so this will be an experience!

As well as the two products we picked, we also got a few extras (like every month). This month we got a sachet of Glowing Self Tan from Sienna X, which is sadly not a cruelty free brand (I couln't find any information online) so I won't be using this, and a sample of The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. I've been of two minds of reading this book, as it's an interesting concept but I've heard mixed reviews online (mainly about an apparently vacuous female lead which is a dealbreaker for me) but these first few chapters should give me a good idea of whether I will like this or not.




So this month's You Beauty Discovery box had some nice items! You can subscribe to the You Beauty Discovery Box (£6.95) yourself, or find out more information, here.

Do you get this subscription box - what products did you choose? Do you get any other beauty boxes? Let me know in the comments!




PS | More information on the cruelty free status of the brands mentioned in this post can be found here (Inika) and here (ModelCo).

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Light in the Wasteland. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig