Tuesday 16 June 2015

YOU BEAUTY DISCOVERY BOX, JUNE

you beauty discovery box june

After seeing a few bloggers (including one of my faves We Were Raised By Wolves) talking about the You Beauty Box, I thought I would check it out for myself – and was surprised that a lot of the brands they featured were actually cruelty free! Beauty subscription boxes that feature brands not tested on animals are hard to come by in the UK at the moment, so I was delighted to find out about this cheap and cheerful box.


The You Beauty Discovery Box is a subscription box (costing only £6.95) where you get to choose two sample sized products from a selection. This month’s box (themed Beauty Heroes) featured brands such as Nude Skincare, Inika Cetified Organic, and Amie Skincare – all of which are cruelty free – along with a few other brands whose CF status I couldn’t confirm 100%. Here’s what I chose:

you beauty discovery box june

Nude Skincare Progenius Omega Treatment Rescue Oil (5ml)
I’ve been wanting to try Nude skincare products for ages, but since the full sized products are so expensive, I’ve put it off. So I jumped at the chance to try out one of their coveted products and I hope it’s as amazing as everyone says it is! Here’s what they say: “The new skin saviour that refines and clarifies skin. Bukuchiol, nature’s alternative to retinol is known to smooth and refine skin’s texture while altioxidant rich rosemary and thyme extracts help protect from environmental stresses. This fast absorbing, ultra-sheer treatment oil revives and repairs skin with natural, healthy ingredients for results you can see”. The full sized product is £58 for 30ml.

Inika Certified Organic Pure Primer (10ml)
I’ve only owned one primer, ever, bought a few years ago when they were the ‘it’ thing to have, and before I started checking companies ethics. It was rubbish, to say the least, so when I saw an organic primer on the list I had to try it. Here’s what they say: “Inika pure primer is a certified organic blend that offers protection and hydration for your skin, prior to makeup application. It nourishes your skin and boosts the staying power of makeup”. The full sized product is £29.50 for 50ml.

The box also comes with little sachets of travel wipes by Good to Go Anywhere (I’ll be keeping these for travelling), a little packet of Urban Fruits’s Smashing Strawberry and some Clipper Tea (Red Fruits & Arizona Berry Infusion, and Organic Green Tea) - some nice little additions! I love Clipper tea so I shall definitely be enjoying those, and I’ve been meaning to try Urban Fruit for a while now – I keep seeing the jaunty fruits in hats at Tesco – so I’m glad to get a treat sized pack.

you beauty discovery box june

I really love sample sized products – as I have such fickle skin and hair that full sized products are often a waste – and this opens up opportunities for me to try products I wouldn't have otherwise; so this subscription is already fantastic. Hopefully the future boxes will be as awesome! I’ll keep you posted. If you’d like to sign up to the You Beauty Discovery Box, or find out more information, click here.
Instagram | Tumblr | Pinterest | Bloglovin ]


PS| If you would like to read up on the animal testing policies of the companies mentioned in this post, please click here (Nude skincare), here (Inika) and here (Amie Skincare).
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Light in the Wasteland. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig