Sunday 5 July 2015

LOOT CRATE UNBOXING, JUNE'S 'CYBER' BOX

 loot crate cyber unboxing
It's no secret that I love me a good subscription box. I've been subscribed to the Crown and Glory Glitterati box since the beginning of the year, and also started getting the You Beauty Discovery Box last month. But, there's so many fantastic subscription box services out there that I want to try. So I decided to start trying a new random one every month. For June, I chose Loot Crate - as it was their Cyber theme. See what I got below!


If you haven't heard of it, Loot Crate is a monthly subscription box filled with themed geek, gaming and pop culture items. They're based in the US, but ship to the UK (as well as other countries worldwide). This month their cyber box, promising to be filled with Terminator Genysis, Transformers and Borderlands, plus others. Since I've literally just started playing Borderlands (loving it!) and my boyfriend loves Transformers, I thought this would be the perfect theme for me to try.


At first look, the box was full to the brim. The Loot Crate team must be professional packers, as I could barely get it all back in! Though I have to admit, when I first looked at everything I was a little disappointed. This is mainly because I'm not a diehard Terminator fan. I like the films, sure, but I don't love them enough to appreciate the gear in this box - so these bits were a bit wasted on me. I also would have liked more Tron and Blade Runner stuff (bigger things rather than little nods), because to me that is 'cyber' - or more Transformers/Borderlands stuff. That being said, this box has grown on me, and I am happy with what I got. So let me show you what was inside!


loot crate cyber unboxing
I believe that each crate comes with a T-shirt, and this Prime t-shirt is pretty neat. It is, of course, a combination of Transformers and Tron. I selected a Women's medium size for myself, as I heard that you have to go one size up from your usual, and this fit me (a UK 8/10 or 'small') perfectly. I would have much preferred just a Tron shirt for myself, but I do like the combination, its pretty neat and I'll definitely wear it (I just love Tron ok?). The big-ticket item in this box was the Terminator Genysis Endo Skull Replica, which is a 1/2 scale replica and looks pretty detailed. Also from Terminator Genysis is the Brain Chip Keychain. Both of these are pretty cool, and Loot Crate exclusives, and I know Terminator fans are going crazy over them. I'm going to try and find a friend to gift these to so they can be fully appreciated!
loot crate cyber unboxing
So although I liked the t-shirt, the first thing I saw and loved was the gigantic Borderlands Zer0 game mat. This is a Loot Crate exclusive, and at 10"x12" this thing is a beast. I don't use a mouse, but if ever I decide to get one to make Photoshop a bit easier, I will totally be using this, it's so cool. Second thing I loved was this Glow-in-the-dark Circuit Gadget Pouch, another Loot Crate exclusive item. This is pretty badass, as when you 'charge' it in sunlight, it glows. I'm not sure what I'll use it for yet, but I do think its cool. Also in the box was a patch, which embarrassingly enough I didn't recognise at first (being honest guys, I feel like face-palming myself!) - the Future Replicant Corporate Logo Patch, which is a nod to the Tyrell Corporation from Blade Runner. I've been wanting to start making a patch jacket for a while, so this, and the Loot Crate Cyber badge will be going on there. Also in the box were some Nerd HQ stickers, and some Battlestar Galactica Cylon Target posters. If we had a set of Nerf guns or something, these would be pretty fun. I may keep a hold of them just in case.

I'm definitely going to keep my eye on Loot Crate to see if they do any themes I like in the future. I do love the fact that you can dip in and out of these subscription boxes to try them out! For July's box I have my eye on the Spooky Box Club, as their May Fortune Teller box looked fantastic.


If you want to sign up for Loot Crate yourself, it's £20 for a monthly plan, and their shipping to the UK is pretty damn good. FYI, July's theme is Heroes 2. To join or find out more, click here.


Are there any subscription boxes you get that you love? Any you think I should try? Let me know in the comments!

Instagram | Tumblr | Pinterest | Bloglovin ]

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Light in the Wasteland. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig