Wednesday 8 July 2015

YOU BEAUTY DISCOVERY BOX, JULY

 
July's You Beauty Discovery box was Holiday themed, and the line up was filled with travel essentials. This subscription box is cheap and cheerful, and filled with sample sized beauty products along with some other treats. Every month you choose two products from their lineup, and I was pleased to see that there were still some cruelty free brands to choose from. Last month I chose a primer and a face oil, and this month I picked a fitness aid and a haircare item. They definitely have it down for variety of products! See what I picked below!


This month's 'Travel' shortlist included less cruelty free products than last month, but there were still brands there, which was lovely to see. Though my options were pretty limited, they were actually the ones I would have picked anyway! I picked the Nip+Fab Body Slim Fix 2-in-1 Body Moisturising + Toning Gel and the Hairy Jayne Citrus Hair Perfume with Heat Protection

The Nip+Fab slim fix is a product I've eyed up on the shelves of Boots, but have never really considered using myself as I'm very sceptical of whether it actually works. Especially since for 'best results' you have to pair it with good diet and exercise (I mean, come on, that's going to tone you anyway!). It claims to hydrate, sculpt and refine body contours to give a firmer and more toned appearance. I plan on using this on my abs - as that's the only real area I feel I need an extra 'boost' of toning, and also the notoriously most difficult part of the body to actually see 'instant' results on - so it'll be a good test of Nip+Fab's toning power! I'll totally be doing a post about this, so I'll share my research with you later in the month.

I'd never heard of the brand Hairy Jayne before, and had to actually email the company to find out about their animal testing policies as there was nothing online (see my correspondence page here). But one look at their site and I was in love! Handmade haircare (check!), beautiful packaging (check!), quirky name (check!) - and the products also sound amazing. This little hair refreshing oil acts as a hair perfume and heat protection, and claims to refresh the hair between washes - along with adding shine and de-frizzing. That's a lot for a little spray bottle to live up to! But one sniff tells me that this stuff is gorgeous! I received their 'citrus' scent, which is made up of Grapefruit, May Chang and Jasmine, and it smells divine. So worst case scenario, I've just got myself a fantastic hair perfume - result!


Also in this months box were some travel themed goodies - a very generous sample size of the St Tropez Gradual Tan In Shower Gel, and a little sachet of the Emma Hardie Protect and Prime SPF30. Now I wasn't expecting these little extras to be cruelty free - but surprisingly they are! I never tan (I'm super pale and would have to go to a lot of effort to look even vaguely golden), but I did used to use gradual tan moisturisers on my legs when I was younger - so I'll probably do that again with the St Tropez shower gel, and just concentrate on my pasty legs. I'm also really excited to try out the Emma Hardie primer, as such a high spf is hard to come by in face products! Plus, there was a little packet of Nairn's Muesli Breaks Oatcakes - which I have totally eaten already and they were lovely! (PS. I totally loved that Red Fruits & Arizona Berry Clipper tea from last month's box too - You Beauty's snack choices are on point!).

Yet again another box that I love! You can subscribe to the You Beauty Discovery Box (£6.95) yourself, or find out more information, here.

Do you get this subscription box - what products did you choose? Do you get any other beauty boxes? Let me know in the comments!


Instagram | Tumblr | Pinterest | Bloglovin ]

PS | If you want to find out more about the cruelty free status of the brands mentioned in this post click here (Nip+Fab), here (Hairy Jayne), here (St. Tropez) and here (Emma Hardie). 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Light in the Wasteland. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig